PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Instructor job market
View Single Post
Old 7th Mar 2014, 13:34
mad_jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
as only the most desperate and inexperienced instructors will put up with the absolute worst terms, so the customer gets the worst product
I disagree with that, myself and my mates all intended to become instructors before airline. And yes we were under the same T&C's as everyone else. But we all loved instructing and did it to the best of our ability's what ever we got paid mainly because we got such a huge amount of job satisfaction out of the job.

The problem isn't with the low hour's guys and the T&C's the problem is that there is no filter on who is becoming instructors or for that matter the philosophy behind there own training.

Personally I would never touch an instructor that has had a break between CPL/IR of more than 6 months. It just shouts to me they have no real inclination to become an instructor they have only done it because they haven't managed to get an airline job.

I wouldn't touch with the ****tyest stick on the planet anyone who is integrated trained because it takes to much effort to break them out of pseudo airliner ops pish. With a lot of them they will never actually buy into the fact what they were taught is pish because they have an over glorified opinion that there method of training is superior to everyone else's.

The cherry on the cake is the guys that do CPL then FI and have a break before doing the IR. I haven't met one yet that hasn't put some effort in what ever they have been paid.

Also as well a lot of instructors seem to be of the opinion that trial flights are either a pain in the bum or a good excuse to have some fun with someone else paying.

Wrong, Wrong. They are your method of getting business in through the door. Yes you may have to take a hit on the pay rate for these lessons. If you don't convert them into PPL's then your going to have free slots in your daily flight schedule and you are going to get a lot of them. If you put some effort in your slots will fill up and you will make more money end of story.