PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAR Walt?
Thread: SAR Walt?
View Single Post
Old 7th Mar 2014, 13:10
Dengue_Dude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think I know where you're coming from Nutloose, but most of us have run into 'Walts' - especially in the flying game (God knows why . . .)

But watching that televised interview, I was smelling rats from not far in - especially when someone gets the four Survival priorities wrong or paraphrases them incorrectly.

It was drummed into us Protection, Location, Water and Food and changed slightly for combat situations which most certainly don't apply here. You didn't THINK about this, it just came out - or rather didn't in this guy's case.

My question of this organisation, and perhaps it's a little sharp, is:

'What value was this commercial training if the guy is not trotting out the answers in accordance with HIS training?' We may scoff about military training from time to time, but it was excellent in the main. Surely, paying customers require principles which have been 'honed' over decades.

We also don't know what state the business was in prior to this debacle - so blaming the folks on this site for a bit of righteous indignation (generated by all Walts) is in its turn a bit OTT.

Here endeth this afternoon's lesson (you can tell I've retired).