PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All those that flew for Discover (f)lying on the Penguin runs
Old 7th Mar 2014, 10:55
Wally Mk2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Having a bit of a chuckle over this thread. This was my first alias before the Mods banned me for life under the old name 'CW'

'AE' ya gotta stop bringing that piccy of my painting out buddy, every time I see it here I go & take the original off the wall & let a tear fall

'O_C' yeah the U/C lever was a push pull affair as I recall. You pushed the centre button then put a couple of fingers under the little 'wings' of the selector & pulled it out to select the gear up. With ABM & NBM the ones I used to drive you always checked the air pressure gauge first located lower L/H corner of the sub inst panel, you can see the triple indicator dial in the photo/s here 'cause after some extensive taxing around prior to T/Off using the air press for brakes you had bugger all press left to pull the gear up. A few times am sure the guys in EN Twr must have thought he's 4gotten to pull the gear up after T/off but I was sitting there at full pwr stroking my Rosary beads hoping like hell that a donk didn't quit all the while watching the air press gauge slowly build up press to retract the gear..........the old Doves had more oil in the pneumatic system than air I think !:-)
Those days you gained balls of steel whether you liked it or not

'RW' that doesn't surprise me at all about Sandy......so many stories about him there's not enuf ink my keyboard here to tell all

Wmk2 (former CW)