PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - System Recovery Windows 7
View Single Post
Old 7th Mar 2014, 07:59
Erwin Schroedinger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
System Recovery Windows 7

My old PC uses Win XP, but is more and more excluded by the demands of the latest websites. BT Sport is a good recent example; my old PC simply can't cope.

The good thing about XP is that certain recovery software (in my case by Acr**is) is bullet proof. No virus can prevent you running the recovery software from any point, including before Windows boots up. You just hit F11 when prompted during boot up and you're into Aro**is, which gives access to an entire image of your hard drive, with all of your personally selected installed software, from which you can restore said hard drive back to pristine, uninfected, everything-installed perfection. The only snag is you'll lose any saved personal data. I get around that by saving everything in 'real time' to USB pen drive, not internal hard drive. Recent Firefox bookmarks are the only thing lost in that case.

So I've now bought a Windows 7 machine. Big problem is, I tried Acr**is for Win 7 and it is rubbish (see Ama**n customer ratings for confirmation). I've ditched it and secured a full refund.

So the question is, how could I restore my Win 7 PC, including all personally selected installed software (e.g. Ser*f Drawplus, Tur**Cad, Paintsh*p etc) after a virus attack which (in some instances) prevents Windows booting, or (in some other instances) freezes everything during or immediately after Windows booting, please?

Hope this makes as much sense to you as it does to me - I'm no computer whizz.