PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is it really that bad?
View Single Post
Old 7th Mar 2014, 07:43
truckflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Being oblivious to this "this evolution that suits the operators and the FTOs not those at the pointy end of the ship" - is the short sighted issue at the moment.

"It's great in my company today" - but these companies are also in a race to survive, cutting cost is one of the factors used.

RyR have recently seriously make a U-turn in their pax service, as they discovered it was only so much S.... the pax would put up with.

Still I believe it will take a miracle for them to make the U-turn, as many pax are already so fed up, and will not believe in the new "customer friendly" company!

Unfortunately it might never happen for the employees, as they still believe the future will be brighter, reality is that their escape routes are to companies who have similar philosophy, cost cutting to increase profit margins, avoiding social responsibility, exploring every loop hole in regulations under the sun, totally missing the big picture.

What will happen they day the legacy carriers can't compete with these grey zone regulations. ME companies getting subsidised fuel costs, open skies, exploring the next avenue of acquisition of another company to maximize the profits without regard of the real cost.

It is more likely that legacy carriers will dive towards LCC TC's, than the opposite will happen.
So it involves everybody, not just the newbies, if you have 20 - 30 years career left, be prepared, it most likely will not get better than just now for most!