PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is it really that bad?
View Single Post
Old 7th Mar 2014, 06:48
Three Lions

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I see the arguement that this thread is more inclined to reflect life of the "the poor soul living thousands of kilometres from his family, at a base not of his choosing and perhaps also 100K in debt" type character.

However the most important point is that the effect of the LOCOs clinical and sometimes brutal chase of hard currency is dragging the whole industry downwards. It is a very good point that some of the quality operators are having to adapt to survive. hence they are been driven downwards in the slipstream of the likes of RYR and EZY who have no option but to operate the way they do due survive.

The industry has evolved in some parts into something very vulgar.

All that said I disagree with some of the comments of the day to day work apart from the early mornings and occasional brush with security

I for one enjoy the job although I have to admit my own particular heavy bag of "gold coins" is linked to never really being a good riser on a morning and some of the shifts can be brutal on those more advanced in years such as myself

However if you can find a good work/lifestyle balance as you can with the other good careers out there (yes unbelievably there are more decent jobs out there than Airline Pilot especially if you graduate from a decent University) then it can be one of the best jobs in the world. The problem is as stated further up in this thread there is an evolution going on - this evolution suits the operators and the ftos not those at the pointy end of the ship