PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Indonesia p2F for low timer is back!!!!
View Single Post
Old 7th Mar 2014, 04:19
sascha410

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@thebigD
I paid 3 TR 37000EUR, 11+20+16K. As I went modular way at the end of the day whole that I spend on flying was exactly the same as an expensive integral training in EU. Mind it here including all FAA instructor ratings as well and whole training on ME.

Looking back, definitely it was worth it, and it was not that expensive as it might sounds. Both turboprop TR paid back quickly as the jobs ware well paid. So even the company closed down rather relatively soon after I join them no money was lost. Contrary on the second occasion I even earned enough to pay for the third TR.
As I said before (because of my age) the third TR was act of panic and gambling which I lost so that one you can call a stupid move but from my perspective at that time it was worth it and I was wrong. But you never know.
Working as an instructor I could not afford on a long run as the salary was just enough to survive if even so.
At the end of the day I do not regret any of it and will do it all over again apart from last TR.

@gear up
You can everything read it as you want to and live happily with it. Doing so you are running the danger of missing the point. You certainly did it here.
Pity?! Whay? During the whole these years I had a nice life and thoroughly enjoyed it a long the way.
“Bottom line is it appeared you wanted the easy way but it costed you more and it will continue to.“
As you can see it above, I got it easy way and it did not cost me more than only F ATPL if you did it by any chance at Roskilde. But the way to get here was good and enjoyable. I did what I wanted to do and I gain life long experience in many ways.
“you would have been better off gaining valuable experience and building your hours through GA or instructing „
Ones again, I like flying for the sake of it. I prefer smaller aircraft then the big ones, I prefer hands on flying to the operation of the airliner, I prefer GA to airline flying. According to my preference I was also applying but now days we cannot pick and chose the jobs as they are not many around.
All in all I would not be better off with your good advice…

And back to where all this started, my point still remains. No reason to mug on your colleagues or might be there is a bit but I am positive than all those people at the end of the day became experienced and capable aviators.
In my point of view if we want to change something about p2f the pressure should be placed at the regulatory authorities as they can stop this in a blink of an eye.
Indonesia did it by enforcing 250hrs on type, USA raised experience entrance level for the right seat, New Zeeland is fining company that takes money for work… I am just a driver, and do not know how, but I know that it can easily be done if there is a will to do it and stop this shameful tendency of paying to work…