PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MOD sued for £9 million over Harrier noise
Old 17th Apr 2003, 20:27
gasax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I periodically browse this board simply out of curiousity. I never cease to be surprised and dismayed by the purile, juvenile and frankly stupid comments that are posted here.

If the RAF displayed the tiniest fraction of the attitude portrayed by the rubbish posted here, they were bound to lose.

Get real little boys and girls, WW2 was almost 60 years ago - it is totally irrelevant to any argument today. Changing an approach path from 2.5 to 3 degrees is pretty much like taking the p@ss to anyone actually on it.

Unless you people start acting with some level of responsibly - and dare I say it maturity, the only remaining airfields will either be on ships or close to Cape Wrath. As some of you have noted we live in a densely populated country, which actually only because of political ambitions, needs an airforce at all. As soon as you guys are more trouble than you are worth you'll be consigned to the history books.

I have to say I'm going to look at the judgement in detail because it HAS set some sort of precedent and that will doubtless have some effect on my flying.

In GA we already have a hard enough time with noise and nuisance complaints, largely because people know they will be told to "p@ss off" when they complain about military low flying but we do not have that clout, money or influence.

Well wake up and smell the coffee people - neither do you now! Milops seems to be the only poster who has the vaguest idea - the rest of you people - I'm sure you'll enjoy flaming my post - but remember what I wrote when you get posted to Sutherland!