PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DXB in Fog
Thread: DXB in Fog
View Single Post
Old 7th Mar 2014, 03:05
Thridle Op Des

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Plazbot and 10DME, please don't get me wrong, the problem we have is information, or absence thereof. As indicated before we are out there gobbling 10 tonnes an hour in the BUBIN or DESDI hold trying to predict the future of our airframe and an ATIS which says it's not LVOs. We then get told 'indefinite delay', now how do we manage our diversion strategy? This is not a pop at your brilliant work in ATC, we know you keep this system going despite best efforts from other parties to complicate issues. I cannot think of any major international destination where two holds (three if we can find the new one near Al Ain) serving three destinations. LHR has four for its self for goodness sake. We are all dreading the single runway gig since we know the current structural limitations. We just need appropriate information to help us predict to some degree how this will pan out even in the next few minutes. I absolutely agree that our company should be at the forefront of telling us whats going on with a general ACARS message as to the strategy.