PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is it really that bad?
View Single Post
Old 7th Mar 2014, 00:00
Greenlights

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Indeed maybe we moderators could change the title.
Some airlines may have better conditions (not for long though). But most of the case new pilots will start in a LCC, as I did. LCC's are the present and the futur.
As I said before, wannabe have to be really aware that they will start in LCC not necessary in Europe, so they should not expect to move in a Major. The queue is huge. Prepare a backup plan. That's my main advice. I said it already, but nowadays, it is good to remind it.
5 to 10 years ago, having a backup plan was a good advice, today it is MUST IMO.
Most of the pilots in LCC today will have two choices : staying 40 years there, or change career.
And actually there is really nothing wrong to try and change career. Nowadays, people have known many serious jobs in life. Life is a wheel. Just be smart. But pilot is not a real career with real transferable skills. Get a enginering degree, or something like that. Today beside my main business I study again online course in hard sciences (environnment sciences), it is a lot harder than the atpl theory (wich is a joke to compare with hard sciences) and type rating...I start to make my brain working again lol!
Be happy ! A job is a job, we work for a living we do not live for work.