PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is it really that bad?
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2014, 18:26
truckflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"AIMINGHIGH123" - reality check here my friend.

First you spend 6 figures on training, and chances of getting a job, is close to 2 - 3 %.

Then when you finally do get an offer, you go trough checks, tests etc., and you can be cut anytime during this process if you are not up to companies standards.

Than you go working week, all depends on company, but you are very unlikely to get first job anywhere close to home country. So you can move away and live on 3 figure monthly amount for the next couple of years. Working average 8 - 14 hours a day, with no break, it can work out normally 6 - 7 days, then you have 3 - 4 days off. 2 of those days you spend trying to get back home and back to work, to travel to your family/wife/girlfriend/children.

After a while, your wife and children get used to never seeing you, the quality time in your life is when you sitting in a flimsy hotel or some crash pad far away.

So "AIMINGHIGH123" - tell me how long your partner will be staying with you after you reached your dream, how many years you can go on like this, no time for friends, never time for important events in your children's lives, of course you can bring your wife with you, and try to survive on your monthly 3 figure salary! If you have children, even better, the more the merrier!

So lets get the facts straight, you living on less than minimum pay, with a crappy life style, constantly tired, because in reality you are working 7 - 8 days in a 10 day period.

"lots of careers are working people harder for more of your blood"

Tell me after you had the job for 12 months, if you agree on that statement. I know we all feel this passion when we looking for that first job, but end of the day it is: "a repetitive job you see crew room, flight deck, runway, sky, runway, 10 min outside doing the walk round, say hello to cabin crew then flight deck, runway, sky, runway, crew room and repeat."

When I go home, and manage to get 5 - 6 days off, in a row, it's like freedom, I can do what I want, but oh Sh..., I got no money to do anything!

It's time for people like you and others to stop feeding the industry, because it is a massive own goal!