PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is it really that bad?
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2014, 17:52
truckflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"It is what pays the mortgage/rent and pays the car bills and the food, loans, credit cards, clothing, heat, light and entertainment. "

That has to be the joke of the century!

The profession is as it is because to many like to moan and complain, if they have a chance to change something they have very little loyalty and courage.

There are more good jobs than just working in the "city", so let's not just keep on how that is the alternative to a flying career.

Would I spend the next 25 years doing 900 (or 1000 a year) short haul? No way, it will literally kill you. I think the majority have painted a relatively dark and gloom picture of the profession, which unfortunately is very correct.

"It is very regimented and repetitive job you see crew room, flight deck, runway, sky, runway, 10 min outside doing the walk round, say hello to cabin crew then flight deck, runway, sky, runway, crew room and repeat." also add no chance for a proper rest or hot meal in a 12 - 14 hour day.

It's funny how on one of the Wannabe threads I got slaughtered by a certain poster here, who seems to maybe have some interests in continued training, I am guessing TRE's probably don't need to worry about if they can afford some peanuts at the end of their day!