PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Indonesia p2F for low timer is back!!!!
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2014, 14:31
captjns

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
30-40 years back people were starting on the right seat in a Jet directly from flight school (in EU many company) and those people are today capable Captains, TRI, TRE... They acquire skills and knowledge during the career.

Can anyone show me the difference as I do not see it? Pay attention I am talking about flying not paying as the way someone gets into the cockpit is irrelevant here.
Major Difference Sacha... 30 - 40 years ago, applicants were subjected to a rigorous evaluation process before being invited for training. Training was equally rigorous as well with no compromise of quality of training, or proficiency of the airman. No passes or get out of jail cards.

Today Sascha, pilots are selected primarily based on their ability to pay funds to participate in P2F schemes. Children want to play Buck Rogers? Then their parents pay the big bucks so they can play. Most parents, and some students pay for additional training if they fall behind. No washouts as was the case some 30 to 40 years ago. Got the $$$$??? the puppy mills will get ya through. No money is too much to get you in the right seat of a shiny jet. All it takes is money first then hopefully some ability. However, no family member of mine will ride any airline that is part of a P2F scheme. You Sascha, should have the same concerns for your family too.