PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is it really that bad?
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2014, 08:03
Three Lions

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wanabee1000

Your post was worth reading to the end.

I would hazard a guess that there has never been as much recruitment on Jet aircraft in the UK as there has been in recent times. Id also guess the recruitment has never been extensively ringfenced to one or two FTOs as it has before.

It is ok for the few who have manouvered themselves into position to gain from this scenario such as the shareholders of the ftos etc (you do on occasion hear all sorts of rumours) but it isnt difficult to see what it is doing to the overall industry

I understand wanabees are advised not to read too much on this website as it is allegedly full of negative stuff from envious people. That may be true to a certain extent however spin like this from the ftos does dilute the excellent advice and guidance from established, independent and well placed sources of information from within the industry.

My own attitude about the industry I work in isnt fuelled by individual concern it is fuelled by the fact this is having on the whole industry

I make no apologies for the fact that I personally, do not have much sympathy for anyone who gets sucked into one of the big schools whether they don't get into the industry at all, or end up marking time for a year or two, or even those who end up "winning" and getting there backside into the RHS of an airliner albiet in such a ridiculous financial situation with huge debts and not much in the way of paying them off. They surely are not the sole cause for the direction the industry is going however they certainly do play a part this cannot be disregarded

My advice is to read the informative posts on here, filter out the rubbish and hidden agenda, understand the industry, understand the lifestyle (especially at the LOCOs such as RYR and EZY) be very very cautious with the spin from the FTOs and any related sources of information.