PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why has flight training gone assbackwards?
Old 6th Mar 2014, 04:19
Andy_P

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As a business owner, where do I buy a super cub? I just checked the piper website, but I cant find one for sale? C172 is still for sale though... Even if you go second hand, I just checked a few websites, lots of C172's, not a lot of super cubs.

As an older PPL student who has a fear of flying, had you put me into a super cub, I would have probably done a couple of lessons and pulled the pin.

Am I going to be a better or worse pilot than someone my age who as learned in a supercub? Maybe, but I am never going to fly one, and the more I check around aero clubs the main aircraft I see for hire a c172, tecnam, PA28 and in australia you often see the jabiru also. So for me, I like the highwing aircraft for various reasons, and a c172 is probably what I will eventually buy. And in the meantime its certainly what I will be hiring. I will probably never fly another aircraft.

On a side note, now that cessna have bumped up the price on the 172, I wonder how many schools will start looking at the PA-28