PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MORs
Thread: MORs
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2003, 16:35
topcat450
Suave yet Shallow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's one of my minor bugbears, companies like this whislt generally pretty safe and don't have accidents, they have a cavalier attitude to safety and put undue pressure on pilots to keep their mouths shut when events arise. I'm with chopperman...you're the guy with the licence, if something happens in the future and you say...we'll we all knew things like that happened but no one had ever mentioned it, you can bet your backside the management would blame you lot for never mentioning it, think of it as an insurance policy, cover you own ass incase the dreaded ever does happen cause I bet the management wouldn't look after you.

Secondly, and perhaps a little underhand, maybe a Chirp report or a unoffical word with someone at the CAA. The CAA have recomendations for safety management systems, conduct safety audits, and if my memory is correct one of the principals behind it is that there is a clearly identifiable person who you can go to and report any event with safety implications. He has to log the event and he has a clear line of communication with the top-brass...

thirdly and even more underhand, pass me thier details and I'll try selling my 'consultancy' services to them.

Just remember at the end of the day it's your licence on the line...not thiers.