PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Alan's still not happy......
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2014, 20:20
Coppabella

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
QF Management

Chief Pilot
Today we have announced changes to the top levels of our organisational structure as part of our transformation program.

We have made the decision to maintain separate business structures for Qantas International and Domestic due to the unique strategic challenges we all know these businesses continue to face. However, I can confirm that we have decided to put on hold our application to obtain a separate AOC for Qantas Domestic as a conservative measure to limit the amount of operational change as we move along the transformation process. The work done to date will be saved so that we can pick up where we left off should we decide to go down this path in the future.

As a result of this, the Flight Operations department will report to a single Chief Operating Officer supporting both the International and Domestic businesses as a shared function. This will also assist with our cost reduction goals and deliver efficiencies through our shared services.

Mid-year, Andrew David, currently Executive Director Jetstar will commence in the role of COO for Qantas Airlines. Andrew has extensive aviation experience in Australia and overseas, having also worked for Air New Zealand, been Chief Operating Officer for Virgin Australia and CEO of Tigerair.

As a result of these changes, the roles of Peter Wilson (COO International) and Matt Lee (COO Domestic) will be impacted. Peter has agreed to remain on as the Accountable Manager for the AOC and will work with Andrew when he begins to transition into the COO role. Matt will be leaving Qantas with his last day being 15 March. I know more will be said, but I’d like to acknowledge and thank Matt for the tremendous contribution he has made to Qantas and our Flight Operations department.

Work will continue on transformation throughout the Group. The timeline will vary based on department and role. We must remain focused on our safety, operations, and service for our customers through this transformation. As I wrote yesterday, we’re not expecting a new flying program until later this month, this will give us a clearer view of our pilot requirements. Any required changes will be in accordance with the various industrial agreements and in consultation with AIPA.

I appreciate your dedication and professionalism through this period of change, and I know, as always, each of us will continue to focus on our customers by maintaining a safe and efficient operation.

I will continue to provide further updates as more information comes to hand.

What a JOKE!!!!!