PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Can we have your husband's salary back please?
Old 17th Apr 2003, 15:54
swinging monkey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I want to get this back to the top where it rightfully belongs.
JC (Gary) thanks for the pm. I do think that we need to lobby our MPs, and anyone else, and I am grateful fo your support - thank you.
In a couple of days or months, this particular incident will (sadly) have been forgotten about by most of the populus, and will have been brushed under the carpet and forgotton about by the faceless and spineless people at MOD. Nothing will be done, and God forbid, the next time this country goes into battle, the same appalling things will occur again.
Gentlemen, I am not on a crusade, however if we are to protect and care for our loved ones if the worst ever does happen to us, then we need to join forces and sort this disgraceful situation out once and for all. We need to be certain, all of us, that those most precious to us, will be cared for when we pay the ultimate price.
Please, all you 'legal minded' souls, if you have any other suggestions other than letter writing, please let us know.
I should have hated for my wife and family to have been treated in such a way if I had 'copped it' during the last 30+ years, and I am extremely anxious to ensure that it never happens again to another servicemans family.
Your thoughts please gentlemen........thank you.

Kind regards
The Swinging Monkey
'Caruthers, a large one old boy!"'