PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LAPL to PPL
Thread: LAPL to PPL
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2014, 10:38
tobster911

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question LAPL to PPL

Hello,

I think I may have asked this before, so sorry if it seems a bit repetitive. However, I now know a bit more about the LAPL and it seems like it's the license I want to go for initially.

Long term goal is to become a commercial pilot, but before that, I quite fancy myself as an instructor, and possibly even continue as an instructor instead of going commercial, depending on how much I enjoy it.

At the moment, money is very scarce, but I have set myself a goal to have a license by the end of the year. Having looked at the LAPL, and the cost of it, I think it may be a good idea for me to do this, then fly as PIC and build up my hours. My question to all you knowledgeable people out there is:

After obtaining an LAPL and a night rating, what would I then have to do, next year (for example, when I have more £££) to convert it to a PPL so I can add IR and FI ratings etc?

Also, I can't quite understand the license benefits of the LAPL. Can I fly an EASA aircraft registered in Europe anywhere in Europe, or, will it be like the NPPL where I can only fly in the UK and France with prior permission?

Thank you

T