PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ukraine Crisis 2014
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2014, 21:15
GlobalNav

Received 151 Likes on 53 Posts
"I don't think he really cares who the west sends."

And in spite of how hopping mad EU, NATO, US etc. are about this, unless they are truly willing to do something substantial (i.e., that impresses dear Vladimir) we should not care too much either who is sent or what empty words they have to say.

And our leaders better be careful, we shouldn't threaten to put boots on the ground unless we are willing to do it, and we should not be willing to do it unless we are willing to achieve real results, no matter the costs, including the lives on both sides. If its not worth the lives lost, don't enter into it. Otherwise, its Mr. Chamberlain all over again, or worse yet, WWI. No lives are worth political B.S. I don't care what Clauswitz said.

Historically and culturally, Crimea, at least was Russian and while I don't like anything Putin says or does, I understand Russian motivation. Not to mention that its also the base for Russian Navy. Crimea never meant that much to the rest of us.

If we are going to make a big cold war stand (which I doubt) then we are already behind the curve. Vlad will have his fait accompli very soon now.