PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DUBLIN - 2
Thread: DUBLIN - 2
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2014, 17:32
Jack1985

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Or as others would say
Welcome to the real world that everybody else lives in.
And the real world you speak of? The real world where I myself have had;

1) Hours increased by 10%
2) Introduction of Standby days (i.e. 4 days on 3 days of, of which 2 will be standby)
3) Accepting a pay-cut of 15%, of which 5% of that could be redeemed through Increased hours - We all did that.
4) Accept above conditions in order to protect pensions, and future prospects.

I accepted, and part 4 has now been reneged on through no fault of my own. I basically accepted to work 10% more hours for nothing, which I gladly did. There are less fortunate people then me and I completely understand that. I've been in the real world my whole life racedo, struggled to pay bills some weeks in order to keep a job I absolutely love - and now I'm being lectured by a Ryanair PR man who welcomes me to the real world? This the same company that has absolutely no credibility when it comes to its treatment of employees (circa '98).

Let me give you a quote circa 09, to the above in which I signed the dotted line below it;

The objective of the first stage of the Plan is to deliver substantial operating cost reduction, in both staff and non-staff areas, to enhance productivity and to implement change in order to secure the Group's pension arrangements.