PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Drop in Trojan - Safe now?
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2014, 16:51
Guest 112233

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ransomeware

This malware is pernicious - The creators have used mathematically advanced techniques that have legitimate uses as cryptographic tools for privicy to encrypt user's system's for fraudulent gain.

As said previously the "Cloud" does not protect the user as it is listed in the drive table of the system if you are logged in.

I use several "Seagate" like EXT drives for System Backups as described, having tested each in anger with a system restore, using Windows Vista Business SP2's inbuilt backup utility. I know about Win Backup not having the best reputation but it has been OK so Far.

The Linux box Ubuntu 12.10 x64 - In this case i'm closer to Mixture's methods, and have a Master re-writable DVD with the operating System as downloaded, with a set of complete documentation of the Tweak's (no pun intended). Fixes for the wireless PCI card (a git to get running) and printer settings etc.

But I'm a relatively small scale user - 27 GB to backup under Windows and a much smaller Linux footprint 7 GB or so.

Think of the issues for users with photo collections - Many Gb or Terabytes at stake. Me think's of air gapped systems (internet disconnected), connected by Firewire and data transferred; say once a week, over night -

NB Mac computers use an enhanced connection protocol suite called thunderbolt.

CAT III

Last edited by Guest 112233; 4th Mar 2014 at 17:43.