PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Potential impact of Scottish independence on flights from Scotland
Old 4th Mar 2014, 14:09
edi_local

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Flying.Penguin
Remember it was this man who released the Lockerby bomber, does Scotland really want to be led into independence by this loose-cannon?! With the latest opinion poll’s showing 54% say no, I just hope all the no voters go out and vote on the day.

Personally, yes. I would rather have a Government which is willing, able and proven to have the balls to stand up to and go against the wishes of the White House rather than one which blindly nods in agreement with whoever is running the show over the Pond. Whether or not you agree with the Lockerbie decision, it has to be said that the Scottish Government made the decision based on their own judgement and didn't let the emotional or political will of any other country come in to consideration. That alone is admirable and refreshing in UK politics.

I cant see there being any reduction in LON-EDI flights at all. Unless BA/VS want to just willingly let huge numbers of passengers choose to go through the likes of FRA, EWR, PHL, ORD, DOH, IST, DUB, AMS, CDG instead of LHR, which we all know won't happen. If anything with APD being dropped or scrapped (which it obviously would as the Scottish Government will want to attract people and competed against the rUK) we will see more people choosing to go through London.