PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Crash Investigation: Copa Airlines in Early 90s
Old 4th Mar 2014, 12:18
blind pew

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Srobarts
I wrote something along the lines that I didn't read the report at the time...those of us on the trident in June 72 knew what strokes were performed to weigh the investigation away from those responsible.
My book wasn't primarily about the accident ...it is an autobiography.
My research was limited to what was allowed under FOI act and how much those that I spoke to would allow me to divulge.
It was and still is an accident that had it's origins in management and training, bullying and incompetence.
You don't get an appalling loss rate by accident.
Because I don't have the backing of a publishing house's legal department and rely on a legal edit and insurance there is a limit to what I was prepared to publish.
This was brought home after a post here last year led to a revenue investigation.

No doubt you have watched the Papa India documentary and the distortion of the known facts including hanging out of Ticehurst,Collins and Flavell. No mention of the sacking of crews, unqualified P2, the letter to the BoT,the threats to Captains that refused to take our group along, Childs,Hazzard or Hagyard, the stall procedure, the missing witnesses, Cunningham....the list is very long...

I see that you asked about Bannister...no doubt you know he was BOAC and master of the guild...

Maybe you should suggest that cineflix do a documentary on Aerotoxic syndrome and how Balpa have done a 180 - they could add the links with BA and the CAA.
No doubt they would concur with the diagnose of hyperventilation and that those of our past profession have been crippled or have died when a brown paper bag would have saved them.