PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Jetstar Pilot Cadet Program
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2014, 10:39
alexmcal0

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi everyone,

I am 18 and am interested in applying to a Jetstar pilot cadet program. All I have ever wanted to do my entire life is be an airline pilot, and upon conversing with a few current and retired airline pilots, the general consensus they have given is that a cadetship is the way to go. I finished year 12 last year and received good grades in Maths, Physics and English, and am currently studying Aerospace Engineering and Business Management at university.

I have heard that a tertiary qualification is a good thing to have these days, but all I really want to do is fly and my thoughts are to go through a cadetship (if possible) and study once employed with an airline and gaining hours - because as I understand, hours are all that future employers will look at.

My question is: Is a cadetship a good way to go? or should I study now and wait until I am in my mid 20s and then start flying some other way

And please, I don't want to be attacked and insulted by a barrage of bitter and twisted old men because I am interested in cadetships - I am after constructive comments/criticism...

Thanks