PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Potential impact of Scottish independence on flights from Scotland
Old 3rd Mar 2014, 21:36
Porrohman

Location: Second star to the right, and straight on 'til morning
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trossie; if there is a vote for independence, both the Scottish and UK governments acknowledge that there will need to be a period of transition. It won't be a case of flicking a switch in March 2016. That would be as damaging for the rUK as it would for Scotland and I haven't heard anyone from Better Together or the UK Government suggesting that the separation of aviation matters would be as sudden and complete as you are suggesting. If you have evidence to the contrary then please share it as it would be very relevant to this discussion.

There are disagreements about some issues such as the pound but that is for another forum not this one. I agreed yesterday evening to stick to aviation matters in this thread and I subsequently repeated that statement. Let's stick to aviation from here on please.

Getting back to the last question I posed, can you think of specific areas where the transition arrangements would not work? The UK Government have not, as far as I'm aware, disagreed with the proposed transition arrangements in relation to Aviation matters as set out in the white paper.