PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is it really that bad?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2014, 21:35
Joe le Taxi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My current job is good, I earn great money, but it doesn't fulfil me. I don't have any pride in my job. Its just a job.A boring, job that pays well.
I've always wanted to fly. Every time I put on that uniform and my wings, I feel so proud; full of pride.
I'd gladly take a pay cut to be in the air every day.
Sooo ... You're giving it up for a ... boring job .. that pays terribly (or more accurately, gives a terrible return on time and money invested).

You wonder if you're being naïve - Yes, you're being naïve! I am an aviation nut, but that pride and enjoyment lasts five minutes, in what is a very repetitive job, working with often quite egotistical or odd people; Frankly I have found construction workers much more rounded and grounded personalities. You say you appreciated being appreciated by the people above you - Oh boy, you are switching into the wrong career! - Nobody will care how well you get the plane from A to B, provided you just do it, and at the absolute minimum renumeration; Even if you are the next Bob Hoover, you will still get promoted at exactly the same speed as a clueless contemporary who scrapes through every check and keeps their heads down.