PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Alan's still not happy......
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2014, 10:00
VR-HFX

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Empire4

Ye know not of what ye speak. I agree with the sentiment expressed regarding sex and travel.

I do not work for QF but have a number of mates that do/did. We are all from the same background and all learned to fly in the military.

May I cite a couple of cases that show how incompetent QF management managed to become.

Due to fleet selection and a dwindling network, QF has found it almost impossible to roster senior captains (and I presume f/o's and s/o's) in international to do more than 50 hours a month. Two, who have recently retired, spent most of their last 12 months in QF on leave. All this while they were more than happy to fly 80-90 hours. Strange people pilots, they actually like going to work.

The whole argument has been orchestrated to appear as though it is unions killing QF. Most pilots I have met want to fly and have a family that accepts that fact. If a company with as many managers per driver as QF cannot get more than 50 stick hours a month out of their top professionals then this is a company I would never invest in.

In reading this thread, I am convinced that similar sentiments apply to a vast majority of the QF workforce.

Joyce has no leadership skills. Never did. Never will. They knew that when they hired him. People follow him out of curiosity.

Not one of the employees of QF would question the need for change, for pencil sharpening or compromise but they sure as hell wouldn't do it for the current management. Without a complete clearing of the board and senior management, Corporal Fraser is correct...We're all doooooomed. Strangely many employees see the Leningrad option as the preferred option.

As to the wasted money in Asia...delusional is the only word that I can come up with. I have taxied past the idle airframes at Narita and mates have seen the parking lot in Toulouse. And that is only the tip of the iceberg. The debabcle here in HK should be taken up by the Chasers.

One final note.

Most of the "non-existent" profits in QF International have been siphoned off into the FF program via transfer pricing. The FF program is not a saleable asset, it is a leech dressed up as a princess. Without an airline the FF program is worth exactly zero.

Why should not a full audit of the books be on the agenda?