PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 3rd Mar 2014, 09:22
Jack330

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

I was only pointing out that Flydubai, unlike any major company, will always depend on expats DEC because it has a different structure and is also growing so fast that it will never cope with the need of captain even if they had their own cadet program, here is the necessity to adjust the seniority issue accordingly. In many US big airlines this system is perfect because everybody is joining as a copilot then becomes experienced and eventually becomes captain retaining his seniority, flydubai is a place where one DEC joins then instead of becoming more senior is going backwards when most of the FO's upgrade to cpt.
Where I work in Asia for example, the seniority works like in europe... (lufthansa, british etc etc) You join as a cadet then you become first officer but when you become captain you pass in the captains list and you go back...In my personal opinion this is the way it should be but we are all different .... I'm not saying that I'm right, I was just listening to some complaints of some friends after they introduced the PBS there..