PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lengthy superfluous checklists and airmanship lookout
Old 3rd Mar 2014, 08:22
jas24zzk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmm
love it!

checking mags...not so critical in keyed mags, but button switch mags? did you bump it in the cruise?

whatever is in the checklist you use, orating it is not enough, you must ALWAYS confirm the action you are calling in your check...i reckon everyone here agree's.

As for the U in downwind. Ian Sharp taught me my power conversion, and he made a point with the U (I was training in a C150-A) that I look outside and confirm i could see a wheel, and also make him check we had a leg and a wheel. At least we knew neither had fallen off....yes guesswork when solo..........but as he said use all available assets.

Part of hi teaching with the U was to consider, and look for the gear lever...actually confirm you were in a fixed gear aeroplane, not just by rote.

I get to swap between a PA32-300 and a PA32R-300 with almost identical panels. (one has a tape deck the other has a cd player LOL) Not forgotten my feet yet.

Check is only as good as your application of it, otherwise its just unwanted wind