PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Alan's still not happy......
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2014, 02:30
V-Jet

Received 59 Likes on 29 Posts
Agree the current situation with JHK and JJ is ugly, but I equally think it is pretty tough to blame management for JHK approvals taking >24 months when your shareholding structure is more Chinese (China & HK) than CX.
I don't. WTF were they thinking in trying to set up a LCC in Hong Kong in the first place? I think a child of 2 with only the barest grasp of Aviation and business might be able to explain why that was not such a wonderful idea!

Or anywhere in Asia. Come in spinner! Alan Joyce isn't just 'You only get one Alan Bond in a lifetime' - he is trying to be Alan Bond EVERYWHERE!

When you go out and buy a house, do you get your finance in place first, or do you turn up at an Auction, outbid everyone and just ask the bank for $1m on Monday? Even better, just imagine the bank is owned by the Vendor (China in this case) who knows that not only will you lose the 10% deposit but they can sell the house again if they don't lend you the money, and also pocket the 10%?

And it (Jetstar XXXX or MMLLLXXVII Pillar Plan) hasn't just failed once or twice, but demonstrably hasn't succeeded at all!!

The man is mad! I just don't understand why anyone supports him.