PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AOPA "The Election" (merged)
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2003, 22:45
snarek

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bushy

Then I unreservedly withdraw my assumption. That acomplishment makes you a very lucky man in my eyes, I am jealous

Gaunty.

Yes, the voting is a conundrum. I have e-mailed Marjorie, but with no reply. But, Elections Australia was told, by Chris McKeown (illegally or otherwise), to only take 9. So they will, I guess, disallow any ballot with more than 9.

My reading of the articles is still the same, 11 vacancies, and I can only assume this Board did it to increase their chances of being on the next.

BUT .. the size of the next Board is an issue for that Board. So, if that Board choses, it can do a countback and appoint the next two elected. So, there will still be a way around this without causing the expence and frustration of another election.

The allowable size of the Board is an issue for the members and it is my view that McKeown, Hamilton et al should NEVER have put themselves above that with this destabilising and questionable move!!!

So, my advice, vote for up to 9. You don't have to vote for 9 though, you may in fact vote for just one.

AK