PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ramp Check Advice From CASA.
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2014, 10:02
Wally Mk2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A lot of that could be looked at being subjective, also depends on who's doing the ramp check I imagine 'cause as we all know CASA don't even know themselves half the time what's req'd or needed for almost anything under their control.
I've been ramped about 6 times over my career, from basic paperwork stuff to a bloody thorough insp of the machine I was about to board, that A/C was grounded due a suspect cabin door lock on the old PA31, if you pulled hard enuf on the handle anyone can open any old Chieftan door handle!
Got looked over in Vanuatu once as well, looking for Kava juice I think
Another was by the 'scaleies' up at BH in the 80's whilst en-route to the BDV races, (ah the good 'ole days) my plane C182 was the only one that got airborne after that as I only had 3 bums on-board (2 x girls....what a trip!) the rest of my flying party had to dump bags, booze, esky's etc etc etc & swear to the all mighty never to do that again:-)
Last one at Shepparton a few years ago in the old Beech, looking for drugs I think which we had plenty of Want a shot there officer? What's yr poison there buddy

Wmk2