PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So, how's that pay rise coming?
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2014, 21:27
Liam Gallagher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sgt Rock,

"I wish you and everyone else in CX good luck in your dealings with the company and I hope they give us all a damn good pay rise, we all need it. Hong Kong is not getting any cheaper."

I am far from enlightened. I doubt very much your view is held by your fellow DPA members, because what you are saying is that you are so intimidated by your management that you believe it falls upon the AOA to flex the slightest industrial muscle on your behalf to try and get "us" a pay rise. What makes you think your management is more ruthless than ours? You appear ignorant of industrial history. Someone could write a best-seller about ours!!!

An opportunity existed late year for the DPA and AOA to present a unified front to the CPA group. That did not happen. It seems your belief in unity extends to shouting encouragement to us from the sidelines. Sorry, I don't consider that unity.

ASH1111,

Kindly re-read my post. I did not say a deal must be presented by 30th April. The point i am making is the potential exists for the back-dating to end unless a deal is done by 30 Apr and, to my way of thinking, that would akin to having a baseball bat inserted.

As for reaching a boiling point, we shall see. There was lots of chest-beating in November last year and yet the membership meekly accepted a 0% payrise for 2013 and a promise of talks and some back-dating.