PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Police helicopter crashes onto Glasgow pub
Old 1st Mar 2014, 20:38
SilsoeSid

Purveyor of Egg Liqueur to Lucifer

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts
rantanplane

AZR, I am mixed up..
again thanks for the info, so far I had the understanding the master caution does not illuminate with every caution on the CAD.
As in the flight manual that has been linked to loads;

WARNINGS AND CAUTIONS
Emergency situations will be indicated either by a red warning light on the WARNING PANEL coming on together with a gong signal, or a caution indication on the CAD and a yellow master caution light on the instrument panel.

A red warning light indicates a hazard which may require immediate corrective action.

A yellow caution indicates the possible need for future corrective action.

The cautions, indicated at the CAD, are divided into three sections, SYSTEM I, MISC and SYSTEM II. SYSTEM I indicates the operating conditions of the left power plant or the system 1 of a redundant system. SYSTEM II provides the same features for the right power plant or the system 2 of a redundant system. MISC indicates the operating condi- tions of the non-redundant systems.
The yellow master caution light in the pilot’s field of view leads the pilot’s attention to the indication(s) on the CAD whenever a caution has been activated there.

Each caution (CAD-indication and master caution light) must be acknowledged by the pilot (copilot) by pushing the CDS/AUDIO RES button on the cyclic stick grip or the SE- LECT key on the CAD. Acknowledged cautions are indicated in sequence of arrival. In case of lack of space on the screen, further confirmed cautions will be stored on addition- al pages, which will be indicated by the “1 of 2” message on top of the middle column. They can be called up via the SCROLL key. Any new unconfirmed caution overlies the previous caution and is bordered by two flashing lines to draw the pilot’s attention to the new caution.
It is always possible that a warning light or caution indication will come on unnecessarily. Whenever possible, check the light or indication against its associated instrument to verify that an emergency condition has actually occurred.