PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ukraine Crisis 2014
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2014, 20:29
SASless

Received 518 Likes on 216 Posts
I am free to respect the Office....but not the Man....as they are separable. If you recall....we have Impeached previous Presidents for misconduct which I suppose to be the ultimate form of disrespect and quite more formal a method but in the end shows the Man to be unworthy of the Office. Ours is supposed to be a Nation of Laws....and not Men, something perhaps you do not understand. We very easily discern actions that are unbecoming a President and will hold the Individual in the Office accountable for their actions.

As Welfare Man ignores our Law when it suits him.....he places himself above the Law by his actions and attitude and that begets the reaction from Citizens that you see reflected in my posts and others.

We are free to speak our minds about our political leaders due to a thing called the First Amendment.....and no where in any Register is there a law that demands us to show "respect" to the President other than out of plain common courtesy. Recall our Presidents are not granted Title....and remain mere "Mister" except when being addressed directly and then the use of "Mr. President" actually relates to the Office he holds.

In some cases they are referred to as "The Defendant" as in Bill Clintons Perjury Proceeding as you may recall.

Ex-Mate....asking me to provide a reliable estimate of the range of actions the UK and US Governments might take over the Ukraine Situation is fairly hopeless.

I view this just as i do the Syria situation.....as far as i can discern....there is scant National Security Interests for us here in the United States. We do not have the Economic or Military Assets to devote to another War of any kind....and that immediately prevents us from taking a real hard nosed stand.

We will make all sorts of noises....rattle our one remaining Sword....propose UN Sanctions knowing the Russians will Veto anything significant and thus appear to have tried to do the right thing but in reality do nothing.

The Russians are there and we are not. That pretty well sums it up.

Putin will get whatever resolution he wants and as our Welfare Man has acted like he was still in Chicago and made US National Interest differences with Russia into a personal thing with Putin (and got slapped down several times in the process) then Putin will milk the Crisis for everything it is worth.....knowing Welfare Man has lost all of his political capital over Obamacare and so many other Scandals on the US domestic front.

Putin and Russia are in the Driver's Seat....have hold of the Steering Wheel and the Throttle.....and the rest of the World are just riding along in the back of the Bus....some are going to pay for the ride and some are going to ride for free.

Putin will decide where everyone gets off and where the Bus winds up.

One Man's Opinion of course....based upon pure speculation.