PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Potential impact of Scottish independence on flights from Scotland
Old 1st Mar 2014, 18:47
Skipness One Echo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
too much of a moneyspinner for Westminster.
We're in a colossal debt hole, our biggest ever. Now while I agree APD is counter productive, it's not as if we don't really, really need to raise the money via tax. At the moment, we're still borrowing for BAU.
Why would anyone travel to London to go outside Europe when they can go to Amsterdam, Paris or Frankfurt?
Because London is a de facto world city like Hong Kong and New York, it has excellent connections and tens of thousands of Scots use it every week keeping a great many jobs in the UK economy. Perhaps what you meant to say was "Stick it tae the English and use anywhere else but their capital?" The elephant in the room is race. The continued attacks on Cameron as a posh English Tory have an undercurrent of anti-Englishness, it's always been there, That wee minded inward looking "ah kent yer faither" mentality and anyone who aspires is knocked down for over reaching and not knowing their place.

Ooops sorry, I am using PPruNe as therapy, I'll stop now. The debate is now focussing on some real world problems and issues that can't be dodged any longer. I am not even allowed to vote whereas a recent resident Pole can take part in making me a foreign citizen in what is currently my own country.

Give it five minutes and someone will be along suggesting Scotland needs an airline, call it a flag carrier and go up against what will undoubtedly be referred to as "London Airways". I spend my days surrounded by people who come thousands of miles to be part of London as a world city and watch my own people stick their noses in the air and offer their support to the Germans, the Dutch and the French. Anyone so long as it's no thae English <censored before the Mods do>.