PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Potential impact of Scottish independence on flights from Scotland
Old 1st Mar 2014, 17:34
Facelookbovvered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think it's entirely right that the good people of Scotland have been given the chance to say yea or no, personally I don't care which way they vote and I don't think it will make much difference to Scotland in the longer term, indeed they may well be much stronger because of it if they vote yes.

The impact on the UK will much more significant, with lost oil revenue taxes, ditto whiskey and of course the nuclear question.

The problem for Scotland will be currency using the pound is a no no, you cannot have a country who would likely have vastly different spending policies doing their own thing with others south of the border having to pick up the tab.

The Lothian question is still unresolved and Alex Salmond is a canny Scot and will do everything he can to drive that wedge further in the run up to R day

If they vote yes it's goodnight Labour in rUK if they vote no the 48% that voted yes will demand further powers so it's a nightmare for rUK either way, either way you'll still be able to fly between London & Scotland and it will probably be cheaper Southbound, but who pays, I think many know the answer to that question, actually on reflection by a tiny whisker I hope they vote yes and get into the EU