PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Can we have your husband's salary back please?
Old 16th Apr 2003, 17:32
Wee Jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grrr

Again slightly off track but on the same note, my father died on holiday in Ibiza several years ago. Total chaos ensued, eventually sorted out, Mum home widowed at 47. A few weeks later a letter arrived addressed to my dead father with an itemised bill for services of the undertakers in Ibiza, including 'the charges for the embalming of your body, Mr Wee Jock's Dad.' Thank you huge British holiday company, you only got a snot-o-gram from my freaked-out mother because she couldn't face letting let her solicitor sue you. (He wanted to, I can assure you, and boy did I).

Whether it was technically correct or within guidelines or whatever load of boŁŁocks the MOD wants to trot out to send Mrs Seymour this letter, morally it stinks and the arrangements which need to be made should be done with a little more sensitivity and explanation. Thanks once again to Bufhoon etc. for reminding me that hanging up my blue suit was the best decision I ever made.