PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - To all Qantas Staff
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2014, 06:37
noip

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Prof,

Sorry, I can't stand it ...

You once said that Dixon was a brilliant CEO ... well that turned out well, didn't it ..... .

You don't think QF staff KNOW the CEO is not there for a popularity contest? They want proper management, not what we have .. please stop with your condescending f*&^g attitude. And please stop this banging on about QF wages. It is largely false and REALLY tiresome.

Oh, and QF's troubles wouldn't have anything to do with it being neglected? Keeping the aircraft fleet contemporary (oh that's right, the money was spent on J*) would make QF profitable overnight. (and I won't go into the alleged bill paying)

I think that's about it ....

Sigh ....

N

PS .. oh and as a retired airline manager ... how do you feel about a couple of billion spent on consultants, rather than managing the business yourself. If memory serves I believe that is what the bill comes to over a number of years? Willing to be corrected ...

PPS .. and regarding a CEO being popular. General Patton comes to mind. Not someone the line troops would feel comfortable slapping on the back and buying a beer for, however he was revered because they KNEW he had hard decisions to make and they TRUSTED him to not needlessly throw their lives away. The fact he led from the front on occasion didn't hurt either.

Last edited by noip; 1st Mar 2014 at 07:29.