PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Options
Thread: Options
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2003, 17:18
Dozza2k

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Options

Hey,
For the last year or so i have been researching into attending a course in Western Australia to get everything from zero up to an fATPL. I always thought that from then on i would live and work in Aus. However, after having a quick chat with an aviation consultant he said i would be better off going for a JAA scheme to increase employment prospects, his implication was that aviation in Aus was on a downturn. This disappointed me somewhat as there is no JAA training centre in Australia anymore and i love the country.

I began to look into JAA schools when my parents (i am 18) suggested to me sticking with the origional plan and get an aussie fATPL and then immediately do a conversion to JAA back here or in the states. I hold dual nationality with the UK and Australia, so employment oppurtunities would rise (in theory). My question is is it worth it? will it actually help? It is a lot of money to fork out and with no guaranteed job at the end. Also i guess i have to make a decision about moving permantly to Aus, or staying in the UK where my fam n friends are, which i am sure you will understand is a big decision for someone about to sit his A levels who hasn't even voted yet !!!!!!.

I have to make some hard decisions in the near future and any help or advice on this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Dozza.