PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Habsheim
Thread: Habsheim
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2014, 00:09
CONF iture

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by roulishollandais
You are from the few Posters here testing with your life these undescribed figures...
To be honest, never had to experience the protection system. Up to now, all I got was one SPEED low energy audio warning for not following the FD under auto thrust - My fault - For me, to go to the limit, has been a simulator experience only.
You're correct to mention how in the every day operation we know nothing about the speeds associated to the different protection alpha values. They are accurately displayed on the PFD, of course as long as the probes work correctly and the system don't silently discard the only reliable data to ultimately lie to the crew ...

Originally Posted by HN39
That seems to me to be a misrepresentation of training objectives. You are instructed, in situations of immediate danger, to rely on the the stall protection to prevent stalling.
No - We're instructed to not think to go and get the maximum performance by applying full back stick.
And that is precisely what the FCS accomplished at Habsheim.
Absolutely not - The FCS had simply no intention to deliver anything more than 15 deg when the max performance had been established at 17.5 which is alpha max for CONF 3 and not alpha stall.
The FCS did not prevent the stall in Habsheim. That is pure Airbus propaganda to not have to detail why the FCS limited directly or indirectly the AoA between 14 and 15 deg.