PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Truss: Aviation Safety Regulation Review
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2014, 22:02
Cactusjack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some Fort Fumble insight for the troops.....free of charge!

'K';
ASA, under Hood direction have bearded their lions and, through the Mildura incident, have clearly demonstrated acceptance of their issues, parallel to the Norfolk event, and are addressing them. The well known McComic dislike of Hood, which may just have encouraged Hood to toddle off was a grave error. Hood is a keeper. Hood knows where the skeletons are buried and (IMO) he's a lot smarter than the likes Campbell or Chambers. Given the elbow room and some encouragement; things may have been very different for CASA and the ATSB. But they are not; not now, are they?
Hoodshould of and could have been the reformer of CAsA, hell he tried. But unfortunately his youth, credibility, skill and his ability to gain respect from the troops became unpalatable to the Iron Circle. Pel Air became the perfect tool for which the rusty ring could dispatch a GM Operations and assign a mighty large pineapple. Hood jumped before being unjustly pushed. Don't get me wrong, the Hooded one did have to work within the CAsA system, so he also has a small amount of industry blood on his tender hands, however the man tried to take CAsA in the right direction, as did the former manager of the SOB (safety oversight branch), however both were discarded by the geriatrics and wrecking balls of CAsA, the trio of DAS. Hoods coffin was nailed when he applied for ASA CEO and the Hawaiian shirt wearer grew indignant as Hood. Also the A380 sky sentinel endorsed old fart grew indignant at the former SOB Manager when the old fart was 'called out' for being the complete knob that he is......the rest as they say history, and this is the legacy of what the Miniscule, his adviser and the Board allow to happen to good people at CAsA.

More from the Ferryman;
But at least we now know that Phelan has their measure, it's passing strange that McComic didn't take on the AAAA submission or AMROBA; both freely available, concise, written in English and published long before Phelan and PA got their act together. I particularly dislike the cunning use of (adjusted) without explanation and the sly, thinly veiled, derogatory remarks made as part of the McComic nonsense speech. The implications speak volumes on the type of man; and by extension his supporters, we see being slowly, but very surely publicly revealed. I have always found that bullies are invariably cowards and usually cheats attracting a definite type of follower. To take on and deride a journalistic submission where legal threat may be in play, rather than an industry peer group where it is not; is not the behaviour of an officer or a gentleman.
McComickis dead man walking, and on his walk down the green mile can't resist taking a shot at one of his most hated IOS stalwarts, Messr Phelan. Phelan has the Skull's number, and the Skull doesn't like it. Be that as it may, the Skulls slippery shot at a vocal oppose of Fort Fumbles antics is to be expected. The Skull's rhetoric is to be taken with a grain of salt as anything that comes out of his mouth is ****e of the purest quality! In fact it is the Skulls commentary and vocabulary that will be somewhat missed when he fades away into the River Styx sunset, the Skull has become somewhat fun at times, and to listen to his ferocious ramblings about other human beings has become quite amusing amongst the IOS fraternity.
To be perfectly honest I wish I had been the Skulls F/O at some stage in life, how I would have loved to have baited this angry man on the flight deck and watched his lips curl, his forehead vein 'pop' out, and listen to the tirade of vicious verbal abuse as he lost control of his emotions!! To see this display in the office is fun, to see it at a conference is delectable but to see it at 40,000 feet over the sea of Japan would have been priceless.....oh what a shame, what a shame.

Selah, toot toot and tick tock