PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bell 505 Jet Ranger X
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2014, 21:55
nigelh

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not getting personal Matt .... Anyway no problem !! Yes , I agree it isn't going to make it any more pretty but I wonder if we will learn to love it . I never liked the look of the 480B ...... Then I bought one , flew it for a bunch of hours and ended up loving it !!! It is the helicopter of choice for my cocker spaniel as she could sit up front with me and curl up on the floor and look out of the floor window . She also loved the AS350 but is not keen on the 500 or the current 109 !!
As for having the L4 parts being a bad thing ...... I quite often fly an L4 over here and it is a truly great machine with I believe unrivaled reliability and safety . Of course a 4 blade head would be nice but you are not going to get that for nearly the price of a crappy old Robinson are you ??!!! ( or I imagine a lot less than an EC120 with old style avionics etc )
No doubt the next one will have the 407 kit but will be priced more to compete with the 350 . Anyway who wants to bet me I will not be able to fly my new Jet Ranger for 500 hours and then sell for a hefty profit ???!!!!!!