PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 28th Feb 2014, 19:20
Voodoo 3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PBS for me is an absolute dream though I don't tend to get 15 days off per month. Normally closer to 12/13 but then I don't bid for long flights. This month my earliest report is 0630 and aside from one flight, latest home is 2220 with NO overnights.

Yes, you've probably guessed I do have very high seniority and save a couple of standby's and one flight which I didn't request the entire month has the annotation R below each day, so requested duty.

For those that are bemoaning the fact that its alright for the chosen few who have seniority I would like to say this: Even the most junior pilot now has more control over when and where they work than even the most senior pilots had last year before PBS. The best we could manage was two days off in a row. Imagine if you had no control, then you are welcome to the often shocking rosters that we had to endure for over 4 YEARS!!!!! Every month you are getting more senior as more aircraft and pilots arrive and after one year there should be a definite improvement if you think you are getting bum rosters now.

To a degree the fault can lie with the individual for not bidding correctly. I have seen some terrible bidding and it is no result the the pilot ends up with such garbage. I put in about eight to ten bids with max priority four. The system can and does work no matter your seniority. If you are more junior then be more flexible and then as your seniority rises then you can be more specific and you should see a difference.

As others have mentioned above and I do know their seniority numbers, PBS can and does work. I've seen some schedules from junior pilots in both seats and yes it does work for them too.

As the email suggests - bid smart!!!