PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Police helicopter crashes onto Glasgow pub
Old 28th Feb 2014, 18:09
falcon900

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts
Art,
I dont have any basis for querying the red warnings, and accept them as genuine. I believe however that the gauges still showed more fuel than the corresponding amount in the supply tanks, and that the yellow cautions were not triggered, hence confusing the pilot as to the fuel state, and sadly leading him to believe the gauges rather than the red lights.
I accept your point about the restart attempt, or lack of it. I was clutching at straws to explain the prime pump switch positions.
I am finding it hard to believe that when he contacted ATC, not only were the red lights on, but he had an engine out, but the four minutes between the call to ATC and the end of the flight would suggest just that. Unless of course the contents of the supply tanks were not as intended, and were much closer to being equal, leading to two flame outs in quick succession. I posted previously about the tanks emptying over the fence and through the supply pipe orifice in unequal amounts, and how the transfer pumps could only fill them symetrically. With the transfer pumps off, the actual fuel quantities are unlikely to be "as designed" if the aircraft had been manoeuvering a lot, with much attendant spillage.