PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Reform Scenic Flights regulation!
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2014, 14:32
Possum1

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Scavenger

My then correct interpretation of CAR 206 was formed independently and predates your "Mr Fice's" by 12 years.

CASA should hang their heads in shame. They lost in 2011 when the AAT upheld that, "The adverb, generally, cannot qualify or modify the noun persons. Unfortunately, it appears that this is the way in which the expression has been understood by CASA. It has resulted in attempts to distinguish charter from RPT on a basis which makes no sense and is not related to the safety of air navigation."

CASA then it appears, had the collossal hide to take this minor matter to the Federal Court at who knows what tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars of costs to the Australian taxpayer to score a questionable victory.

Believe me, I referred to my old company's brochures that I still hold on file, the wording of which was approved by my FOI many years ago, before making these posts.

If this is so important, why did CASA or its predecessors not take any action 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 years ago? Answer: It's not. They are just bully boys who want to win at any cost.

Scavenger, your post shows that you, like CASA, find the English language a bit of a challenge. I have always used the past tense when referring to my operation, so you know what you can do with your threat...

Last edited by Possum1; 28th Feb 2014 at 15:11.