PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Alan's still not happy......
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2014, 09:19
V-Jet

Received 59 Likes on 29 Posts
In the absence of doing nothing I would say sign a petition. However it will be seen as left wing, pinko kumbaya stuff.

If everyone rang radio stations, wrote online, emailed journos directly then I think it would make more impact.

I spent a few hours putting together a brief for 730. I gave them heaps and the result was a whitewash. I started talking about it 3 years ago to the same journo so he knows the background. There is not enough traction out there to get the story told.

I am learning a technique to deal with people who know nothing about aviation. I am now thinking that with a hostile audience you start with 'Look, I could talk for hours, how about you ask me something you want to know from the horses mouth'. Answer them directly, do not lie and if possible bring in points you want to make - like 'well I accept that but..' $1m per month storage fees in Toulouse etc etc.

I spoke with Chris Smith on 2gb (Sydney) a few days ago and though I only covered a few topics in 3 minutes I have to say he gave me a very very fair go. And actually agreed with me. I rang him the day of the lockout (I had just landed after a very long HKG LHR trip and was in shock) but I was cut off because I disagreed with BGA taking a stance against the evil unions. It is progress, but it needs more people. I email Andrew Bolt (who on most things I agree with) regularly and initially got a response, but not recently. I was apoplectic listening to him one time and rang, but it didn't last long. However, I'm plugging away. I can't match Chairman's Lounge access or media buying power but I am trying my best. I have an understanding of social media and have used it to help businesses I've had association with and it's not perfect, but numbers really help. I would urge everyone to try.