PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 28th Feb 2014, 06:19
Old King Coal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fwiw, I am an 'A' Scale Captain / line-pilot in FZ and I receive the following monthly:
  • Basic Salary: 26,705 AED
  • Housing Allowance: 16,000 AED
  • Transport Allowance: 4,000 AED
It is the above elements that are subject to the 'scales'.

There is also:
  • Flight Duty Pay: 160 Dhs per block hour (for Captains).
All Captain's receive that last particular payment at the same rate (i.e. regardless of which 'scale' they might be on wrt other aspects of their renumeration).

For my last 4½ years of flight ops within FZ I have consistently achieved 850 block hours per annum.

For me, at least, my annual take-home pay has been in the region of: 706,000 AED / $192,209 USD / €139,335 EUR / £115,156 GBP,... and out of that I have to pay for my accommodation, utility bills, transport, etc (though school fees and / or medical bills would be dealt with via separate allowances, and which I have not included in the aforementioned figures).

In summary, there are indeed several scales for T&C's (for Captains & F/O's) within FZ, though I'm not sure precisely how much each scale gets (but they are, nonetheless, a little bit less than the so called 'A' scale but maybe not as much as spanishfly suggested, wherein the 'A' scalers have not received any increase in Basic Salary since 2010 and likewise that they have received zero increase in the accommodation and transport allowances since joining in 2009... and thus the 'B', 'C', 'D', etc scales are now catching up).

Nb. There is no direct taxation levied within the UAE, though if you are the holder of a USA Passport your government will still expect you to pay tax back home in the good'ole USofA, i.e. based upon your worldwide income, which would therein include what you earn in the UAE (wherein my understanding of it is that: the USA Government will ignore the first $90k USD of your worlwide earnings, but will tax you on anything above that amount and will do so at the rate defined by the total amount of your worldwide earnings & allowances, i.e. they will use whatever is the tax rate that applies based upon the total figure of your earnings & allowances, including the first $90k USD, and apply that tax rate to whatever it is that you earned in excess of the first $90k USD. Aside: the irony should not be lost upon us that the Boston Tea Party kicked off the War of Independence - much due to a tax upon tea, amongst other reasons - ultimately leading to the separation of the fledgling USA from the motherland UK, but that today British expats pay no tax on their foreign earnings, whereas USA expats do!... well I really shouldn't laugh, but... lol )

Ps. PBS =

Last edited by Old King Coal; 1st Mar 2014 at 08:54. Reason: Terminological inexactitude