PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Alan's still not happy......
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2014, 04:07
73to91

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts
There are many times that Joyce, like Dixon before him, tell the same old story.

I just read this article,
Qantas sells off defence arm
1 HOUR AGO FEBRUARY 28, 2014 3:01PM

QANTAS has finalised the sale of its defence arm to the local subsidiary of US defence and aerospace firm Northrop Grumman.

Under the deal, Northrop Grumman Australia acquires Qantas Defence Services, a business with a turnover around $100 million last year, for a reported $80 million.

This sale was foreshadowed in August last year.

Qantas Defence Services will now be called Northrop Grumman Integrated Defence Services.

"Northrop Grumman IDS enhances our in-country footprint and local capabilities and demonstrates our commitment to the Australian and regional defence markets," Ian Irving, North Grumman Australia chief executive, said in a statement.

"We expect this to be an important platform for international growth in our key focus areas of unmanned, cyber, C4ISR, and logistics and modernisation."

Qantas Defence Services employed about 500 people with contracts to support a range of RAAF aircraft and systems. The company also leases and maintains the RAAF's two Boeing VIP transport aircraft.
Qantas sells off defence arm | News.com.au
and thought, this is old news and I know someone there who told me about the sale last year.

So, I found this,
Qantas announces sale of QDS to Northrop Grumman Australia
Item by australianaviation.com.au at 10:08 am, Thursday August 29 2013
Qantas announces sale of QDS to Northrop Grumman Australia | Australian Aviation Magazine
I know the new piece does say 'finalised' but if that is the case, he could have told the world of it yesterday to prove that he was working on turning the airline around, not like the press would have gone and searched for the previous article !! Maybe Olivia is working against him now?